Friday, May 8, 2009

Pink Roller Skates


When I was a kid, spring time always meant time for digging out my roller skates. You remember the old fashioned kind that fit over your shoes and had to be adjusted with a skate key that we would wear on a string around our neck. Just when we would get up a head-of-steam my skate would come loose and fall off my shoe and I would tumble face first into the street. In the old days, West Sacramento didn't have any parks and the only playgrounds were at the schools, so we would skate over to the high school and race on the tennis courts.
See City Skates a memory by Amy Kenneley

2009 Komen Sacramento Race for the Cure is Saturday, May 9th

Register Online Today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had those skates too. Brings back fun memories.

Debbie Courson Smith said...

The good old-fashioned kind, too!